Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Complication nation

Well, the band that I was supposed to interview bailed on me. I had a photoshoot and a video interview planned out with them this weekend but it all fell on my face when they told me they couldn't do it. I am not going to lie, I panicked, I begged, I went a little psycho. But there was nothing I could do to get them back, they were gone and I was lonely, sad, and a little crazy.

I texted all my friends. I asked everyone I knew if they knew of a band or an artist in Cypress (our school) that I could interview for an AICE Media Studies project. Thankfully, my mental and emotional health was restored when two angels from heaven called Isabella Armas and Catalina Castro who are taking the A level for this class told me that they were working with a girl named Emanuelle who was a great singer. They showed what the girl was working on, they sent me a couple of her songs, and I was instantly hooked. I begged them for an interview with this girl and they told me that they were going to film their music video at school on Monday and that I could have my interview and photoshoot with her afterwards. I was static. I am also going to email Emmanuelle the questions for the double-page spread so that she is ready for them and has thought them through.

So this is what I have in mind...
- For the photoshoot, I want to get some action shots of her actually filming her music video. It will be like an "exclusive look into Em's music video". Exclusivity is huge. However, for the cover picture I want the picture to represent the type of artist that Em is. Her music is very soulful, very personal. Through her music, you find out that she has been battling with depression, so I want the cover to be representative of music as a way to deal with life. I want the cover image to showcase her in a natural way; makeup free, no jewelry or fancy clothes just her authentic self. It is going to be a close up of half of her face, looking straight into the camera. Very simple, very honest. I am thinking of making the picture black and white, no major filters or touch-ups to represent her authenticity and her badass nature. I might do something with white body paint but Im not really set on that so we'll see how that goes. I just know that I want authenticity, I want the image to showcase her natural, true self. Because after everything she had been through, music lets her be her true self, so I want her picture to reflect this.
- For an interactive video I'm planning on doing a fun LEAST favorite things. Magazines always ask artist about their favorite food, color, number etc. But I want to ask Em her least favorite things; food, color, subject, place, song, TV Show,  and movie. I want it to be fun and quick. This will be done in the school auditorium, while the dancer portion of her video is filmed. Im hoping to have the video-making-process in the background of her interview to give the interactive video an exclusive feel as well.
- For the main interview I want to ask her about her music video mainly. What she's feeling, what her vision is, what this video represents, and what she hopes the video will achieve.

I am excited to see how this turns out, Im doing this Monday at 6:00 PM so that night I'll let you know how it turns out! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment