Sunday, March 19, 2017

Progress?

I found by artists people!

When I decided on doing a music magazine the first problem I had was that I'm not what is called a music fanatic. I don't live and breath rock and roll. I don't play any instruments. I don't even go to concerts because they are way to expensive. So, when I decided music, my first obstacle was on what the two page spread would be about. I am not knowledgeable enough to write a two spread article on music. However, like the procrastinator I am (established in my previously) my reaction was "eh, that's a problem for some other time". Well fast-foward to yesterday, I was talking to a friend about my music ignorance and he had a brilliant idea. One of his best friends is in a starting band called Castafella. This band is a small, high school band but they are definitely growing and gaining momentum. They have performed in cool venues, they have an album coming out, and they have a fan base. I also like the band's vibe, I think it will go perfectly with the artistic route that I am trying to take with my magazine

So I text the bass player known as Vinny and he was super cool, super helpful, and really interested in helping out a gal in need. His music insight combined with my magazine insight will hopefully fuse to create a dope music magazine baby. I am planning on making my two page spread an interview with the band as most music magazines usually interview artists. I am also thinking of taking the Rolling Stone's route and making the entire background of the 2-page spread a picture of the band or of the lead singer. However, since it is a band made up of puberty prone high schoolers and not just a flawless Adele I have to try this out and see if it will work out. Fingers crossed!

Here is a pictures of the band...


No comments:

Post a Comment