Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Questions Questions...

Hello party people, I am back and I am static! I've been watching some YouTube videos here and there, I've been looking mostly at interviews and questions that captivate an audience with content and originality.

First I looked at this interview on Panic! at the disco by Billboard and there were a couple of things that I liked about it...



  • It wasn't a question answer type of interview. I mean, since it's an interview there obviously were questions but the questions were edited out. I think this helps highlight the intimacy between the audience and the artist because there is no third person there, we don't hear a third person ask the questions. 


Then I looked at a series of short, quirky and random interviews by Pitchfork a digital music magazine and I have to say, this was amazing. 


  • I loved the quirkiness and the simplicity of it. It was simply fun, it didn't try to understand the artist's choice or it didn't ask about their work, or album. It has more of a get-to-know essence. It is as if we are going on an awkward first date and there has to be game invented just so that the conversation doesn't die out. Many magazines probably asked St. Vincent about her music and her inspiration, but only Pitchfork magazine asked about whether she thought ferrets were over or underrated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment