Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Blast from the Past!

It's Sunday night and I'm sitting down on my chair looking at a blank piece of paper. Im telling my brain "be unique but relatable, and edgy but approachable" and my brain is thinking about the fact that tomorrow is Monday and the time just changed so I am going to get up one hour earlier. So I do what any pro-procrastinator does; I look at the most random, unimportant, irrelevant object closest by. It turns out that this time it was a Urban Outfitters photo-booth picture of a couple of friends and I a while back. After spending around 30 minutes thinking about my friends, that picture, and that night, I think of something that is actually relevant to my project! That's what separates simple procrastinators from the true pros. Here are some of the pictures up on my board that led to this idea...


(I beg you to please ignore my face on the last photo booth picture, I don't even have an excuse for it)

Anyways, so I looked at this pictures and I said to myself, "what if I make the cover page a giant polaroid." I mean when you think about it, young adults love to bring back stuff from the past. Young adults or "millennials" are bringing back polaroids, vinyl, chokers, my school does throw-back-thursday on spirit week and 90% of the student body uniforms tie die shirts. It is "hipster" and "artsy". Nowadays old people stuff is just cool. So, I drew this...
Now I know, the potato face for the second person makes me cringe too, but this is NOT an art contest (or so I tell myself). The squiggly lines around the main image would be the coverless, and the name of the magazine always be situated in the big white space that polaroid pictures have. Also, for the time being, please ignore the name "Flow" written on the picture I drew because I just wrote it to have something there, I'm not sure what the name of the magazine will be yet. But yes! Polaroids! For now, I like this idea, I will obviously share this thought of mine with my pals and peers and I'll go from there but for now polaroids it is! 
With Love, 
Ines

No comments:

Post a Comment