Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Im Going Digital!

Hey friends! I had a nice discussion with my pals and peers this week and they helped me out a lot. I have decided that I want my target audience to be young adults. This is going to be a challenge because nowadays, with all the technology and social media, young adults don't invest a lot on magazines. Pitchfork for example, a music magazine which also targets young adults  is solely digital. They have a indie, hipster and artistic young adult fanbase. However, they only operate online. This means that if I want my magazine to have this fan base, I feel like the smartest thing for me to do is to also create a digital magazine instead of a standard one. So, my to-do-list consists of...
  1. Finish researching my target audience
    • If the magazine is going to be digital, I need to nail the aspect of technology that appeals to young adults
  2. Research digital magazines
    • If I am gonna do a digital magazine, I need to get creative. Digital magazines are a lot more interactive, more innovative than normal magazines. I need to figure out how to merge aspects of a normal magazine with a two-page spread.
  3. Learn how to use iBook 
    • Apparently iBook has this cool feature that allows you to create a digital layout or digital book, but I definitely need to look more into it and discuss my finding later on.
I have to admit, I am excited. It's going to be challenging and I might regret this as it turns from fun to stressful, BUT I'm hopeful. I have this feeling that if I get it to work, and that if it turns out the way I want it to turn out, it's going to be great. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment