Sunday, March 26, 2017

Creativity can be chaotic

So I wanna show you guys what I have in mind right now... some things have changed, some haven't, but I just want to update the "vision" that I have for my magazine.

For cover...

So when I started this I looked a lot at Billboard and at Rolling Stones but scratch that... now I'm finding inspiration in Complex.

Let's compare...












   
           vs.









No disrespect to Queen B, but no. Her beauty should never be disrespected by cover lines. Seriously though, I do not want my magazine to have cover lines. As I have established that my target audience will be millennials, I have to go towards the more artistic route. Less is more, a picture speaks a thousand words, etc. Millennials are innovative, different -and let's be honest- we read less! I mean Twitter is restricted to 140 characters, and between Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube there is just a lot more visual than textual...

This Complex cover is just more appealing, more aesthetically pleasing (not just because of Zayn). It is more simplistic and minimalistic. So, it's decided, I am definitely hopping onto the no cover lines wagon.

For Double-Page Spread...


Three words... interactivity meets quirky.





It's simple. We all now that with the booming entertainment levels available everywhere and anywhere right now our attention spans have decreased. According to a USA Today article by AJ Neuharth-Keusch, 
"A 2015 study by Microsoft revealed that the average person's attention span in this wild world of technology and social media is down to eight seconds — which is less than that of a goldfish." 
Sad I know, but true! With Vogue's 73 questions we get the randomness and with Pitchfork's over/under we get the funny. I love these interviews, they are quick, entertaining, and they aren't hard to follow or tedious to watch. 

Now, with the interactive aspect of my magazine I don't know how I am going to set up the two page spread. If I do a regular two page spread and then an interactive aspect then it will definitely be a quirky and fast interview like Vogue's 73 questions with the pre-established set up found in Rolling Stones...

                      










I still think this is the best route for be because of once again, the artist and visual aspect of it.


So yeah! There it is... a little snippet of what i have in mind right now. 



Sports, AJ Neuharth-Keusch. "NBA Will Consider Shortening Games Due to Millennial Attention Spans." USA Today. Gannett Satellite Information Network, 15 Jan. 2017. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment