Sunday, April 2, 2017

Making the table of contents

Hello! So I'm currently in the process of making the table of contents. I have been looking at some pictures for inspiration, and I have been playing around with the widgets from iBook Author and I have two options...

Option 1
 I make the table of contents interactive using the "scroll down" text that is available in iBook Authors...




I really like the interactive aspect of this option. It's really cool, and really innovative. This is obviously just a rough draft, my table of contents will not look like that it is still missing pictures and even the title "Table of Contents". In this video I just wanted to show and play around with the scroll-down widget. I like it, but I have to figure out how to have both the widgets and the pictures that I want to add so we'll see. Another problem is that in iBooks, there is a special title page, and table of contents page, and then you add on the "chapters" and on these formatted pages (the table of contents page) iBook doesn't allow me to have widgets, so I don't know if ill be able to use this for the final product. Right now what I did is I made my table of contents part of "Chapter 1". However, when the magazine is "published I don't know how it will end up looking so this is definitely an issue.

Option 2
 For my second option I have a more standard table of contents (which annoys me to be honest). I've been taking some close up pictures of guitar strands, and I was thinking of having the different pages and Article titles in between the strands, kind of like music sheets, but with the guitar strands as lines. For this I would have to make by table of contents two pages though, and the bad thing about this is that I would only be able to get one picture int my table of contents, and I definitely want to have more pictures.


The truth is, I like the interactive table of contents more. It fits with the magazine and it's just so original and cool. I really like it. But I have to see if I'm going to be able to do it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment